Monday, July 23, 2007

…That Person Will Be Taken Care Of

When President Bush uttered those words no one had any idea what “taken care of” meant. I of course being naïve and not understanding “Bushisms” took it to mean that the person would be punished. Well, the truth is somewhat different; what he meant to say is that the person would have their sentence commuted and at the end of his term they would be pardoned. If I had only taken that foreign language class I would have known this. It also means that we will look no further for the real culprit, because this thing has run its course.[1]

Why is it that no matter who is in the White House when a thing gets hot and uncomfortable, they always say the thing has run its course? I don’t get it, are we so brain-dead that these people believe that we won’t remember what they have said in the past? Have politicians gotten so brazen in their “rhetoric” that they will say anything only to retract it at some later date? For those who have had a lobotomy in the past couple of years, let me refresh your memory.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush said Tuesday he welcomes a Justice Department investigation into who revealed the classified identity of a CIA operative.

"If there's a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is," Bush told reporters at an impromptu news conference during a fund-raising stop in Chicago, Illinois. "If the person has violated law, that person will be taken care of.[2]

This was what Mr. Bush said in 2004. I recall him saying that if the person was found in his administration they would be subject to prosecution. I remember how tough he talked about respecting law and order. These guys kill me; they want everyone else to respect law and order so long as they don’t have to. What kind of example are we setting when the head of our government will not obey the laws of the land? Mr. Bush you wanted to know who the leaker was in 2004, I guess you’re not as interested today huh? It appears that it wouldn’t matter anyway, the only person charged with a crime from this you’ve let off the hook. This is sort of how this administration conducted the hunt for Osama, and for my right winged friends, no this isn’t the same guy as Obama. You guys can find Obama; it is the other one who is presenting a problem. If the Fox news people spent as much time on locating Osama as they do bashing Obama, he would probably be in custody about now.

Speaking of Fox news, I thought it was very appropriate that Mr. Bush stated that his commuting Mr. Libby’s sentence was, “fair and balanced”; who thinks this crap up? I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.

Bush described as "fair and balanced" his decision to commute the prison term of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the former aide to Vice President Cheney who was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice for his role in the leak of CIA officer Valerie Plame's identity.

Bush went on to say he had not spent "a lot of time" talking with people in his administration about court testimony in the Libby case. But he added: "I'm aware of the fact that perhaps somebody in the administration did disclose the name of that person, and I've often thought about what would have happened had that person come forth and said, I did it. Would we have had this, you know, endless hours of investigation and a lot of money being spent on this matter?"[3]

I pray that one of these days the laws will apply to everyone, not just the “crack head” on the corner, but the “crackedheads” in the White House. I know it is wishful thinking, but we all have our dreams…Keep hope alive!



[1] http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/12/AR2007071201479.html?hpid=artslot

[2] http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/30/wilson.cia/

[3] http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/12/AR2007071201479.html?hpid=artslot

No comments:

 
HTML stat tracker